Thread: Today I (v2):
View Single Post
Old 05-28-16, 06:31 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Originally Posted by SquidPuppet
That sounds a bit condescending to me, Tim. It's as if you are describing nonbelievers as incapable of thinking and making their own decisions. Or that their decisions are wrong. I think nonbelievers are able, they have just come to a different conclusion than believers.
Originally Posted by johnnytheboy
yeah...like non-believers use logic and common sense instead of just following blindly.
You guys are reading too much into what I typed. I didn't mean that non-believers don't use reason or common sense. That wasn't my intent. It was just a quick comment, that's all.

For the record, I am Roman Catholic. I had been in discernment to become a deacon and was >this< close to applying to enter formation but stopped just short. It was the right move at the time. Maybe in a few years I'll think about it again but my last daughter has to graduate high school first.

At one time I also thought about entering a Cistercian monastery - Trappist. I spent some time there and go back every year for retreat.

Again, I'm not here to proselytize but to discuss bikes. If anyone does want to discuss then send a PM. That's all.

-Tim-

Last edited by TimothyH; 05-28-16 at 06:53 PM.