View Single Post
Old 07-03-16, 07:57 AM
Salamandrine 

Bikes: 78 Masi Criterium, 68 PX10, 2016 Mercian King of Mercia, Rivendell Clem Smith Jr

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2317 Post(s)
Liked 597 Times in 430 Posts
Originally Posted by rootboy
Not to derail this thread, excuse' Tsappensfield... but does anyone know anything about the
newly" available Binda straps with embossed logos, such as the Colnago embossed straps?
I see quite a few of them on ebay, etc. And wonder...is someone making Binda straps, and buckles, again?
Obviously someone is, but they don't look anything like the original Binda straps. They might be good, but $100 seems a little silly for a toe strap IMO. Also they would not look period correct if that matters the OP.Original Binda were expensive but not ridiculously priced.

I'm not sure I agree with the 30 year old leather being shot, idea. I have a couple of sets of vintage Binda straps and the leather is just fine.
I guess that's fair. The 30+ year old Binda straps on my Masi are actually OK also. Even so I don't think I'd take a chance at the current silly ebay prices for vintage Bindas. AFA the clips, I probably should have said I prefer Christophe rather than speak in absolutes. Everyone's feet are different. That being so MKS/ALE/campy clips place the strap differently around the ball of your foot than Christophe. It is something to be aware of.

Honestly if you are not riding with vintage slotted cleat shoes, it probably doesn't make much difference.