Thread: Moulton query
View Single Post
Old 08-18-16, 04:19 PM
Abu Mahendra

Bikes: In service - FSIR Spin 3.0, Bannard Sunny minivelo, Dahon Dash Altena folder. Several others in construction or temporarily decommissioned.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 897 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 17 Posts
You and Jur have already adjudicated that it it is clear case of Sour Grapes, right? What else is there to say? I don't buy everything I can afford. I was interested in something different in a frame for 406 wheels with v-brakes. I looked into a Moulton, but after getting a price quote, I don't see value in their TSR frame at $1,790 frame. Made-in-England, Made-in-Oregon, Made-in-XX place, or that the bike is one in a long line spanning back to half a century means nothing to me. And I will not pay for that. I don't own bikes to brag about or get satisfaction from how and where they were made, that it was made to my specification as the order came up on the queu, to belong to a tribe or cult, or how much they cost. I didn't say that I wasn't going to spend $1,790. I may still get a Reach which costs $200 more. I hinted that there were other competing interests more deserving in my estimation of my money (e.g. my 29"er build, a Bannard SR frame). That calculus still stands. You guys want a Moulton, you want to spend your money on one, buy all means, knock yourselves out. Over and out.

Originally Posted by badmother
Could the OP plse explain what this thread is actuallu about? First:

Then:

Further:

More envy?

Last edited by Abu Mahendra; 08-18-16 at 04:28 PM.