Old 08-27-16, 11:56 PM
calamarichris
Banned.

Bikes: '09 Felt F55, '84 Masi Cran Criterium, (2)'86 Schwinn Pelotons, '86 Look Equippe Hinault, '09 Globe Live 3 (dogtaxi), '94 Greg Lemond, '99 GT Pulse Kinesis

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked 270 Times in 153 Posts
I'm still aware that the Universe doesn't always spin in the direction we want, but unless the bike sells to someone else before next weekend, the seller turns out to be a serial killer, or the frame has some damage I cannot see in the photos, I'm almost certainly going to be buying this frame next weekend.

I'm not a fixie road rider at all, but I've been taking track classes and will start racing at the San Diego velodrome with it. I had no idea what a roadie rut I was in before riding on the track. My goal when riding and training was always the sub-5 century, where one always rides for hours & hours in the amber/pink zone*, but these flying 200's, pursuits, and other reindeer games have put me deeper in the red than I've gone since I was racing kermesses in Benelux back in the late 80's early 90's. I always thought I had decent muscle tone in my legs, but my badly pulled glutes and hamstrings are still a little sore after FOUR DAYS.
I resisted the track for nearly two decades now because I never got the point of going round-n-round like a bunch of Nascar hillbillies. But my GF finally nagged me into trying the track with her, and I've discovered it's a lot more nuanced, colorful and fun than I could have imagined. I'm so excited to build up our bikes and to make this a part of our lives. It's just the neatest thing and I had no idea.

*and I love that someone in the track forum has the signature: "Roadies can ride tempo all day long because that's what humans have evolved to do; if you want to be more like a cheetah, lay around and lick your paws more."

Last edited by calamarichris; 08-28-16 at 12:06 AM.