Thread: Today I (v2):
View Single Post
Old 10-21-16, 03:15 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4490 Post(s)
Liked 4,167 Times in 2,788 Posts
Originally Posted by Mumonkan
@veganbikes try some A&D, i used bag balm for the longest and i got a sore, treated it with A&D and it went away in like 2 days. Then i heard from a buddy that he just uses it as a chamois cream and tried it and ill never go back, i haven't had any since

Try not to hang around in your dirty clothes after a ride either, once the sweat dries its like hot sandpaper covered in bacteria
Originally Posted by TejanoTrackie
That is still about 3 times the unit price of a tin of Bag Balm, and those stick applicator thingies waste a lot of product. That stuff better be the cream of the gods for me to pay that much.

Just my dos centavos,

-TT
Originally Posted by TimothyH
Or Body Glide.

-Tim-
Originally Posted by TejanoTrackie
Two words, "Bag Balm"
Originally Posted by johnnytheboy
I stopped getting saddle sores when I stopped riding in bibs and chamois cream and switched to wool undies and cut off dickies. it's been probably 6,000mi since I've ridden in a kit.
I actually use Chamois Glide or whatever they are calling it now, it generally has worked just fine. This is only my second saddle sore that I can remember and it is pretty much gone now.

I cannot wear wool in addition to the ethical objections I am slightly allergic and it would reek havoc on my nether regions. Cycling Kit usually is fine though I don't often wear bibs and this was one of those times so who knows?

A&D is an interesting idea but I do really like the ease of the Chamois glide sticks however if things persist I might try that or something else. I have yet to try DZ Nuts and have heard nothing but good about it.

I really like Florasone for rashes and sores and such it works well but alas would be mucho-expensivo para el coato del huevos.