Old 11-19-16, 10:53 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3151 Post(s)
Liked 1,716 Times in 1,036 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesdak
Oh it's real. Maybe not founded by fact by nonetheless real. And this is for climbing? Going up means coming down. man I can just feel that rear end collapse under me when it its that one dip I normally hit going down Snowbasin and running in the mid 40 mph range through the part the dip is in. 'cause going up means coming back down.

And I did just go the the site. Man I love steel bikes, I really do and hardly ever seen any quality ones I don't like. But I'm just not digging his stuff at all. At least not the road stuff I just looked at. They may be perfectly fine bikes but just not my cup of tea and not something I'd be comfortable with riding.

Dang and farther searching found he totally wrecked on a descent, hmmm....

And then I found another Youtube of some crazy bike he was riding and totally lost control of and crashed, hmmm...

Yep, the fear is real. Nothing against the man or his work. Lots seem to love it but I'm just not feeling it.
Maybe we're looking at the difference between a record holding champion racer, avant garde builder and innovator, and a more common man, but of course I don't know you, so you may have some bona fides that give your critique weight, but I don't know.