Old 12-14-05, 11:00 AM
SirrusPackage
Dirty White Boy

Bikes: 2004 Specialized Sirrus Comp, 1984 Raleigh Gran Prix fixed gear conversion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anybody know of a good, secluded place to lock up near Times Square?

I am in the middle of a "negotiation" of sorts with my office building. This is what I sent the building manager:

"In anticipation of a transit strike, I plan on riding my bike to work. When I've done this before, I was prohibited by the security guards from bringing the bike into the building or through the lobby, even though I was just going to stash it in my office or in other empty space within my firm's offices for the day. I am averse to locking it up outside in Times Square for a full day, since I don't want it or anything on it stolen.

Since this Friday could, arguably, present unique circumstances, is there any way we could get building management to permit bikes in the building on Friday or whatever other strike days may follow?"

And this was their response:

"We are still working out plans however, the building will have a bike rack in the loading dock and we will not be responsible for your bike."

This is good, I guess, but our loading dock is a pretty easy-in, easy-out situation. Anybody got any secret spots in the vicinity?