Old 01-25-17, 01:41 PM
Hmmm

Bikes: TCX & CAAD3 SAECO

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Sy Reene
So this is really an extended business trip? You don't mention having to move furniture, books, dishes etc. where the moving company could theoretically take the bike too?
I'm flying over with my family, my wife and two children. No moving company, we're renting a furnished apartment and we will be there until December. My employer is allowing me to work from anywhere so I'll be flying over a computer as well as 1-2 suitcases per person. We'll be packing fairly light.

The main dilemma is the cost and if it's worth it. From what I've read Delta charges $150 to fly a bike. So flying it there and back will be $300 plus the $200 of purchasing the case. So a total of $500. I've found a Canyon Ultimate AL 105 for €1300 in Nice, so as long as I resell it for at least €900 I'll save money.

I just can't decide if reselling will be a pain or not. Or if anyone else had any resources or experience buying and selling used bikes in France. Leboncoin.fr has been a good place to look, just not a lot of 58's around.

Thanks for all the replys guys. I appreciate it.