Old 02-07-17, 11:51 PM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1557 Post(s)
Liked 2,029 Times in 989 Posts
Was helping out a bike co-op last Wednesday and heard the magic words "Schwinn Paramount" and turned around to see this (albeit with more parts on it). Pretty much the most bizarre bike I've ever disassembled, and it came with a 1" threaded carbon fork. Nashbar-branded Micro-shift levers, bent Cinelli 64s angled up with tape wadded on the tops of the bars (the proverbial "hobo bike" setup), Nashbar brake calipers, Deore RD, original Campagnolo FD, and finally a Campagnolo Record Strada 54-46-36 triple crankset in grubby but good shape. Everything was loose and/or not installed properly. The original fork had its steerer threads cut off inexplicably (and tragically!).

Picked the bike up last Saturday as I had a car to do so, and to confirm my suspicions that it was indeed a 25" frame (my size). 1967 Paramount P-13 built in March with good chrome(!), shot paint, no dents(!), and all straight. $75 got me the frame, most of a fork, a Campagnolo headset, the FD, and some other Campagnolo cable stops and guides. I finally get a Paramount!!! There will be a build thread on this, and it will take a while to repair and repaint etc, but I have a good idea of what I want to build (keep it C&V) with it. I am excited. Patience...