Old 03-21-17, 10:23 PM
Cyclist0108
Occam's Rotor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 2,331 Times in 1,164 Posts
Originally Posted by fietsbob
your same weight weenie opting for a super thin wall light weight drop bar of aluminum , is potentially, the issue.

get a more substantial bar made in thicker tube wall aluminum..

Name dropping : Nitto , heat treated, after forming, bars will be .. reliable..

don't count grams there, its not a hill-climb-time-trial

I just got the Nitto for my Bianchi (decided to ditch the 1987 Modolos, mainly because they were stuck in a stem I no longer wanted to use). These carbon bars on my "adventure road" bike are actually more comfortable than even the Nitto noodles. Basically, I want to leave this bike as it is. I blew a wad of cash getting a custom (steel frame) bike that fits perfectly, and it does (anything I change is almost always for the worse). If I change out the carbon bars, I should also get rid of the carbon stem, the carbon fork, the electronic shifting along with the Di2-imposed limitations ... I'd rather just invest in a zero-compromise touring bike and put exactly what I need on for the bars, fork, wheels, brakes, shifting, etc., while leaving the "adventure road" bike unmolested.

It just never occurred to me that mounting a front pack would be an issue until I went to purchase a new one today.

Last edited by Cyclist0108; 03-21-17 at 10:31 PM. Reason: clarification and continuity with previous post