Old 04-08-17, 07:47 AM
UKFan4Sure
Useless Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked 181 Times in 113 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
I wouldn't worry about the numbers as long as it feels right. Are the photos of the seat as it is currently adjusted? A little low, but apparently still below the zert.

How much bar drop do you like?

Sloping TTs are difficult to measure sizes, but the length of the TT is often close to the size, and you're close.
Thanks for the reply, Clifford. I agree 100%. That sloping tube was what caused me not to question the stated size. As you said, without a firm measurement and a chart to bump that off of, it's a crap shoot as to what you really have.

I have adjusted the seat post up since the photo from the LBS. It does appear to be in a relatively good position now and the seat tube seems well within it's intended range.

I will take your suggestion as I believe you are correct about not getting too hung up on sizing. If it feels good, that is. I might have to get a slightly shorter stem by 10mm or so. I just don't want to be sorry later, and would like to confirm the size against some sort of chart.

I really feel most comfortable with my bars level, or slightly below the seat. I'm a little older and my back ain't what it used to be. I have ridden some pretty aggressive geometries for 20-25 miles with no problems though.

Last edited by UKFan4Sure; 04-08-17 at 07:51 AM.