View Single Post
Old 04-08-17, 08:20 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Originally Posted by UKFan4Sure
Tim, I don't think the LBS would have done it on purpose. He's a stand-up guy running a really good business. I do believe he will make it right if things don't work out. I mean seriously, he would have too much to lose in this day of social media to not do the right thing by me. And I don't believe he would ONLY do the right thing because of possible social media backlash. There is strong competition in town, and it isn't in any LBS's interest to get on customer's bad side.

I see it like this, if it's indeed a 58 and it functions like I need it to, then fine. If not, I'll go over and see Mike and he'll make good on another bike, even if he doesn't have anything to suit me at the moment. I have two other bikes to ride, a Bianchi and a De Rosa. No biggie.

This is good to hear and I appreciate your saying this.

Personally, I don't stand for dishonesty in business, both as a customer and as a professional services provider. If I felt that the shop was dishonest then I'd call them to the carpet on it. Maybe I'm an idealist but I think we have a moral obligation to the rest of society and saying, "oh well, it worked out OK for me" is a cop out.

I'm glad you are satisfied and happy to hear that the shop is honest. Glad you are enjoying the bike too.

-Tim-