View Single Post
Old 04-14-17, 01:03 PM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
Exactly. What possible reason would YOU have?

Here is the thing ... there are a few other people out there.

Some of those people Are interested in things in which you Are Not.

That is what I keep saying. if you don't care, ths is not a thread for you. if you do care, please feel free to participate.

But it is monumentally selfish for you to come here and say that since YOU don't care, the rest of us cannot and should not.

No one is saying you are wrong. We are saying things that don't interest you. You admit as much. Yet you keep telling us we are wrong to care about something simply because You don't care about it.

it is sort of like those folks who go to threads about building Chinese frames and keep saying the frames will asplode, or they are rip-offs which hurt the major manufacturers.

Those threads are for people to discuss planned or current or completed builds based on Chinese CF frames---not to rehash one more time the old debates about the nature and origin of the frames, the economic effect of the frames or in any way to offer a home for people whose chief interest id urinating on other people's choice of frames.

This thread from post #1 was and is about people weighing their bikes in ready-to-ride condition.

If you, as you claim, have not the slightest reason to be here ... why are you here?

If no part of this interests you at all .... might I direct you to one of the many other threads, one of which might pique your interest?

AllI am asking is that if yo have to post here, you not continue to post about how stupid we all are not to live our lives the way you choose to live yours.

If we want to weigh our bikes loaded .... Why should we not? What business is it if yours?

it is unseemly that a gentleman of your high caliber come here and indiscriminately urinate all around you. This thread is not a urinal ... it is just a discussion by people with different interests than you.

I am sure you aren't over in the E-Bike forum telling them they all need to get rid of their motors, am I right?
What is so incredibly distressing is that you refuse to realize that what I advocate gives you everything, what you want and what I want...just in case the latter might also be useful to you at some time. If you reread my posts carefully you will find that I did post my bike weight the way it was requested by OP, I did also post it as the sum of two components-showroom bike plus add-ons, and I have repeatedly advocated for knowing how to arrive at the OP's requested answer by adding those components. So I haven't been against OP's inquiry, just determined to point out there is a more COMPLETE approach. You are arguing for the rights of folks to be closed minded. And paraphrasing "Fiddler on the Roof", being closed minded is no great shame, but it is no great honor either.

Originally Posted by LAJ
No matter where I go, here I am...