TejanoTrackie 
Veteran Racer

Bikes: 32 frames + 80 wheels

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1337 Post(s)
Liked 765 Times in 432 Posts
Originally Posted by lvbikes
the bike is too tall. the seat is slammed and can not go down anymore. when I pedal, I can feel my body shifting to accommodate the length of the pedals. Also when off the bike I'm sitting on the cross bar. I've been to serval shops in my area to test track bikes and the smallest I have found and tried was a 49cm Bianchi which I had the same issues.
I'm 5'4 and my inseam is I think 28. Most manufacturers don't make bikes in my size
I'm 5'-3" with a 28" inseam and normally ride bikes with 49cm seat tubes and 51cm top tubes that fit me well. My saddles are definitely not slammed, but I can't stand over the top tube w/o contacting my junk. I also have bikes with 43cm seat tubes that have a bit more seatpost showing, but still fit because the top tube lengths are the same. If you get something with a shorter seat tube, the only real difference will be that the top tube will slope more, such that you will have more standover clearance, which is really not an issue when riding the bike. I even fit ok on frames with 50cm seat tubes, so maybe your inseam is less than 28".

Edit. To further illustrate, I've attached a photo of my vintage Mercier SS conversion, which has a 50cm seat tube and 170mm cranks. Note that the saddle is certainly not slammed. Also, the wheels are 27", so I definitely don't have any standover clearance, but have yet to damage my junk when stopping.

https://m.imgur.com/a/BQq8f

Originally Posted by Dcv
I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel keeps getting longer - me

Last edited by TejanoTrackie; 04-26-17 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Units failure. Squid called me out.