Thread: Addiction LXV
View Single Post
Old 04-28-17, 08:25 AM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Scarbo
I also tend to agree with the 17-50 recommendation; and it is probably what I would choose as well.

But . . . how about this? If you feel the 50mm lens would yield the very best quality, take it only. Michelangelo always said that the art was hidden in the rock and that he merely liberated it. His art was one of subtraction, therefore. Let your 50mm--and its limitations and possibilities--be your rock! Take the images that the lens will allow you to take, concentrating on image quality--yes, at the expense of some flexibility.

I've always found this to be a fun challenge. Also, I'm an inveterate weight-weenie/minimalist and hated carrying around multiple lenses when I'd go out on photo shoots.
Good thoughts...up to a point. If I had FF, only the 50 could be a fun way to go. But with the crop factor, I agree with the other guys that it is just too long. Of course I could always supplement it with my IPhone.

Originally Posted by LAJ
No matter where I go, here I am...