Old 05-04-17, 08:32 PM
dadoflam

Bikes: ’71 Cinelli SC;‘ 72 Cinelli SC ; 2011 Baum Corretto Ti; 2007 BMC SLC01; 1986 Pinarello Team Bike; 1983 De Rosa Professional; 1959 Bianchi TdF; ’78 Masi GC Ca

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Steel Charlie - if it saves you any mental anguish the 1972 project is not for a rider but an OCD therapy project started some years ago - to research and build a period correct 1972 Cinelli SC only from NOS parts. I was younger and more foolish when this project started but the OCD hasn't changed any so will see it through to the bitter end. I haven't told the therapist but my latest happy acquisition is a set of NOS '72 hub lock nuts

Therefore my magnanimous service to my fellow cyclists is to reduce potential distress by taking an unused but inherently flawed Regina freewheel out of circulation where it might tempt the unsuspecting and putting it where it cannot cause harm or frustration by becoming stripped, stuck, wobbling or other. Actually I will admit that in my quest to get exactly what I needed (that OCD again) this is the fourth NOS Regina freewheel I now have in the box - so even better