Old 05-31-17, 11:28 AM
willibrord

Bikes: carbon bamboo composite is the best

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
Arguing that all carbon dioxide is bad is much more kooky. The planet needs carbon dioxide just as it needs oxygen. Without it, plants can't grow.

I'm not confusing two issues. I've been working in renewable energy sources for 35 years. The whole point of utilizing them is to reduce fossil fuel usage and the attendant excess carbon dioxide they release by using crops that use short rotation carbon dioxide stored in the plant. People have decided that all carbon dioxide is bad because they don't understand this concept.

No, I can't tell you where a carbon dioxide molecule came from but I can tell you that there is excess in the atmosphere. The excess needs to be removed but only the excess. Remove more than than and you set off a whole cascade of other problems that may be more severe than the excess.
When there is too much carbon in the atmosphere, every molecule added is bad. We are in absolutely no danger of having too little C02 in the atmosphere of our planet. If we keep on adding it from every conceivable source, and remove only miniscule amounts, the planet is doomed. Look at Venus. 95% CO2 temperatures of 470 degrees.