View Single Post
Old 07-21-17, 03:37 PM
Zumkopf

Bikes: '62 Schwinn Continental, '69 Schwinn Paramount, '74 Raleigh International, '75 Peugeot PX-10LE, '76 MKM Dominator, '80 Holdsworth Mistral, '81 Woodrup Giro Touring, '87 Bianchi Brava, '89 Schwinn (Waterford) Paramount, '94 Trek 1400

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 5 Posts
ID and value help on a Bianchi Brava

I think the Brava may have changed more than any other Bianchi model over the years, and this one has me puzzled. I’d like the experts to weigh in on what I have here and what it’s worth.

Based on looking at catalogs and iPics, I believe the frame to be an ’87 Bianchi Brava – it’s lugged Tange ChrMoly double-butted -- and probably the alloy parts (bars, stem, post) are original. Beyond that I’m not sure. It has Shimano “Flight Deck” brake/shifters; I know Shimano “brifters” appeared on later Brava versions and I know they were around at the time, but the ’87 catalog I found shows standard downtube shifters and normal aero levers. The calipers are alloy Shimano 105 single pivot sidepulls. The crank and derailleurs say “Shimano 105” also, but they have a black finish. I’m pretty sure the wheels are upgrades (Shimano Ultegra hubs, 9 speed cassette, rims are similar but the front’s a Mavic and the rear’s a Matrix). The pedals look like the originals in the ’87 catalog. Some pictures:

I can use the parts off of it, but I hate to break up a classic original. If it is a classic original. What would this be worth if sold as is? If it's not original, is it worth restoring to its original configuration? What's an OE '87 Brava worth? Is there any demand for this frame as a frame? It's a sweet ride, and everything works great, but I have too many bikes that are sweet rides and work great. Trying to decide if this is a keeper.

Last edited by Zumkopf; 07-21-17 at 03:47 PM.