Old 07-24-17, 07:36 PM
jefnvk

Bikes: 2016 Novara Mazama

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3640 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by bruce19
And, I don't want you swerving your bicycle in front of my car when you are chasing a Strava segment or acting like a racer wannabe. So, I want bicycles outlawed. How silly.When the comments get this foolish I'm out.
To be fair, your argument is that you don't care that you are arguing for a less safe mode of transport because you don't want some other entity telling you that you cannot drive. TO me, that is just as silly.

A large problem today is exactly that: people have proven themselves to be horrid drivers, but they feel an entitlement to drive. If you want to drive, fine. I want an actual licensing scheme that involves rigorous health and competency exams at every renewal, like pilots or commercial drivers face. As one who actually works in the automotive industry, it is astounding to me the number of deaths we simply accept because we hold this belief that it is every persons natural right to drive. When we get to the point of full autonomy, there is exactly zero reason to allow people who are anything less than perfectly fit to drive themselves, and even at that point, there is a very real case to be made that no one should be driving. There is very little argument that a human is a more competent driver than a machine, and most of the remainder of the legitimate ones involve off road courses.