Old 07-31-17, 01:41 PM
jefnvk

Bikes: 2016 Novara Mazama

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3640 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by rustystrings61
which shows Exage being above Acera X ...
Nice bike, looks exactly like what I want to do! Almost thought about buying some clamp on DT shifters, but do want at least one STI bike someday too. Figured if I was going whole hog with the bar change, after I spent the money on new brake levers and DT/barend mounts, I may as well just give teh STI a shot.

I saw a list like that, I was more curious because the Exage I have is all 200 level stuff, same as the Acera parts I have/had on another bike. It seems the Exage name covered quite a bit of equipment levels. I know the Acera brakes are a step up in quality from what is currently on there, if the derailleur works as well as my Acera, it is perfect for what I need.

Also, how do you like those tires? CRC has them for $18, a price I'm more than willing to pay.

Originally Posted by Rotten
The road bike needed a new crankset due to the original being damaged and I ended up putting a 28/38/48 Biopace crankset on it and am using a Shimano Claris FD-2403 with friction shifters ... you basically have to ignore the old 1mm rule of thumb and set the FD as high up the seatpost as needed to clear the Biopace rings in all positions.
Cool, guess I've never priced out FDs and realized how cheap they were. Worst case, I give this one a shot, and if it doesn't work swap it out for one of those Claris!

And good point on the Biopace and spacing, wouldn't have thought about that

Last edited by jefnvk; 07-31-17 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Tire question