Old 08-01-17, 08:51 PM
HerrKaLeun

Bikes: Giant Toughroad SLR1 and Motobecane Sturgis NX

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 900 Post(s)
Liked 231 Times in 168 Posts
Originally Posted by 79pmooney
I like helmet mounted mirrors but feel the helmet and mirror folk are missing an opportunity here. Create a standard where a really good mirror mount can be screwed onto helmet visors or rims with a couple of small screws. I know this works. I've been making my own mounts for the past dozen years and using 3rd Eye mirrors. They stay on, no vibration and the mirror is perfectly located. Only drawback is that I have to make yet another custom mount each time I get a new and different helmet. Takes me a couple of hours over a couple of days where it would cost Bell or a mirror company $1, maybe.

Rant, rant.

Ben
I assume you haven't used the eyeglass mirror or similar other good product. They are really well designed to clamp to the visor or glasses (glasses a bit iffy since they themselves move around a bit). I just say that since you mentioned Bell, which is more a Walmart type brand.

Knowing the bicycle industry any "standard" would have at least 12 different sizes, would require special tools, and after some years there would be a new standard and you need a new helmet with your new mirror.