Old 08-06-17, 07:56 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Originally Posted by edthesped
I'll derail the post a little... What's your opinion of the G-One Allround's? I take it you like them as you're going to a wider set but how durable are they? I've heard mixed reviews and that gravel tends to cut them up. I've been running Voyager Hypers but am kicking around a tubeless setup and the G-One Allrounds are at the top of my list. I at least know to go light on the soap if I go with them now.
They are amazing on anything smooth - smooth packed dirt, smooth gravel, even cross country running trails. They ride like a high end road tire. not great in loose conditions or rocky/rooted surfaces.

They wear fast. I also think I got one with a broken bead. It inflates all crooked in one spot and blew off the rim @ 70 PSI when trying to seat the beads.

They roll fast and I love the way they ride so have ordered another and am trying to return this one. I won't stand for another defect however and am looking for fast rolling alternatives at this point.

-Tim-