Old 08-08-17, 02:40 PM
MrFingers

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Old Guerciotti, but what is it, and how old?

Greetings everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster here.

My steed of choice is a vintage Guerciotti that I've had for quite a while (12 years from the top of my head), handed down to me from the father of an ex-girlfriend. It was his professional bike when he was younger (he was born somewhere in the mid 1950's). It's an extremely nimble and stable ride, and I thoroughly enjoy it... But I was wondering: what do I have? Guerciotti's are very hard to pinpoint it seems, and after quite some time sifting through (contradicting) information, I give up.

Some specs:

• Old Guerciotti logo's (I think)
  • pantographed frame & saddle tube (Belgian colours), with a clover at the front.
  • remnants of a "JET" logo on the top tube, but only on the right side. Not on the chain stays.
  • no Columbus sticker on the seat tube.
  • no 5-pointed star underneath the bottom bracket
  • Campognolo headset & gear shifters (rear one says Patent 74, so 1974?)
  • The cables for the shifters do pass over the bottom bracket, not underneath it.

Some pictures can be found in the attachment

If more pictures are needed, please let me know of what I need to frame. Any input is welcome at this moment. Not looking to sell, or a value (as it's invaluable to me), but just knowing what I have.

And yes, I'll replace the hideous handlebar tape with something more classy in the near future.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0719.jpg (97.8 KB, 141 views)
IMG_0720.jpg (91.6 KB, 140 views)
IMG_0721.jpg (93.0 KB, 140 views)
IMG_0722.jpg (92.4 KB, 140 views)
IMG_0723.jpg (87.7 KB, 139 views)