Jadesfire 

Bikes: '88 Bianchi, '94ish Trek

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1085 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 58 Posts
Helmet Shopping

Hi all,

I didn't think the first thread I'd start in the 41 would be a helmet thread, but here I go.
I'm looking to get a new helmet to replace the Bell I'm currently wearing. I'm at the point where I'd like to start upgrading some of my gear and don't mind spending a bit more this time around. The Smith Overtake is one I am interested in at the moment. None of the LBSs in my area carry them (they have Bell, Giro- which would be my second choice-, and Lazer), so I thought I'd ask here if anyone has one and are they worth the money- particularly in terms of comfort and fit. And whether you have the MIPS version or not (I am leaning towards MIPS myself). I'm commuting a couple of times a week via bike and I'm slowly increasing my weekly mileage and ride lengths, and I do wear a Headsweats cap as well. Amazon in particular has reviews that state that the chin straps leave something to be desired, so that would be another point I'd be interested in hearing about.

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions.