Old 08-20-17, 04:31 PM
Jadesfire 

Bikes: '88 Bianchi, '94ish Trek

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1085 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by DrIsotope
I have an all matte black non-MIPS Overtake. Best helmet I've ever had.

I haven't ridden it in the rain to see what the Koroyd does in that situation-- but probably won't, as I still have a Bolle The One which has clip-in covers making it about 95% rainproof. The Overtake is significantly lighter (nearly 25%,) and even cooler than the Bolle. No issues at all with the straps or clip.

Full disclosure, I bought it specifically to combat bees. Prior to owning the Smith, I had so many bees go in the vents I'd lost count. And I'm not gonna cut up some old nylons and wrap them over the helmet to keep bees out.
This is a strong argument in favor of purchasing it. And I had almost convinced myself not to do it .

Originally Posted by Silvercivic27
Sorry, I missed this yesterday. Well gee whiz, and POC is also on my short list (even before reading this). Choices, choices.

Originally Posted by rpenmanparker
Just making sure you know that Bell and Giro are made by the same company. Just two different product lines. Secondly, helmets are very personal, so if Smith does it for you, go for it. OTOH I have always been perfectly satisfied with Bell/Giro. There is nothing I want in a helmet that they don't provide. Light, great fit, excellent retention system, very good cooling and fully approved protection. At a fair price.
Hmmm. No, I wasn't aware of that. Realistically, I understand that for me and my riding style, anything over a midrange Bell or Giro is completely unnecessary. I'm just looking for something a little different as well as probably overcompensating for years of lower-end gear . Plus no one knows what to get me for my birthday anymore, so some extra money is probably coming my way quite soon.