Old 08-21-17, 01:34 PM
Jadesfire 

Bikes: '88 Bianchi, '94ish Trek

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1085 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by tunavic
To the OP, good fit and comfort is most important and after trying on many helmets I found that Kask helmets fit me best of all.

The chin straps are super comfortable as they're a leatherette material. I got the middle level model "mojito".

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to go to my LBS to double-check what they've got in stock before ordering anything sight unseen (in real life).

Originally Posted by Tony P.
I'm not a big fan of points and the Overtake has that at the back. Having said that, the Overtake uses Koroyd technology which, I believe offers good protection. The helmets look great and are reasonably priced right now. So, I say go for it but see if you can find a helmet to try on.

By the way, there's also the Scott Arx Plus at the same price and without the problematic point. Consumer Reports considers this one of the best helmets on the market from a safety perspective.

The point at the back is a little odd to me as well, and one reason why I'm also considering the POC. I'll look into the Scott, as well.

Originally Posted by TassR700
Something else to think about if you are looking at MIPS/non-MIPS is if you wear a Headsweats or other skull cap, I have heard that the MIPS technology is supposed to work best with nothing between your head and the helmet.

I will keep that in mind as well. Thanks!