View Single Post
Old 09-11-17, 03:36 PM
hcgaloi

Bikes: Spcialized RockHopper (free) 1992 Trek T100 Tandem ($220) 2006 Quintana Roo Seduza ($350) 2016 Giant Fastroad ($1100)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I have recently bought Dura Ace 9100 groupset, except Ultegra 6800 cassette, piece by piece for $950. I bought from various U.K. online stores such as ProBikeKit, Ribble Cycles, Merlin Cycles, Chain Reaction, etc.

I waited for at least 40% off and 10%-20% additional first-time buyer or promotions. Also, whenever I could, I waited for the Euro to go down for better exchange rates. It took me 2-3 months to get everything.

Note that, most of the items were OEMs, without fancy Dura Ace retail packaging.

Good luck

Originally Posted by TimothyH
I would watch the currency exchange rates and buy a groupset from England as they further botch the Brexit process.

No wrangling over price, endless searching on ebay and craigslist, multiple transactions, equipment of questionable quality and no right to return or worrying about whether it was stolen.

Just one transaction from a reputable vendor and done. The only downside is the cost of overseas returns should the need arise.

I got a 105 groupset for $311.11 last year when their currency tanked after they voted to leave the EU.

-Tim-