Old 10-20-17, 10:28 PM
HerrKaLeun

Bikes: Giant Toughroad SLR1 and Motobecane Sturgis NX

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 900 Post(s)
Liked 231 Times in 168 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
When I begrudgingly go to a Kohls, I dont actually save $72 when I only spent $40, even though the cashier tells me I did. That place wouldnt exist if they actually priced all their goods at the high claimed prices. I wouldnt ever spend $112 on stuff thats only worth $40.
Same with Nashbar- they now just dont need to play the game and can provide consistent pricing. I hope the appeal of consistent prices brings in more people than who will leave due to the cancellation of inflated prices for sales.
Even when I buy at Kohls occasionally, that "discount" really annoys me too. I compare after-discount prices anyway, so I don't get fooled. But it is annoying. At least they now have electronic price tags so I don't have to do the math myself.
So I'm in favor of Nashbar getting rid of sales and have low-normal prices all the time. Actually Nashbar lost many sales to me when I googled for prices of items and I just saw their "original" high price. Just recently I bought a Brooks saddle from Nashbar, but only because for some reason i actually put that $130 saddle in the basket to see it is only $100.
don't get me started on car MSRP and cash on the hood...

Originally Posted by canklecat
The bargain bin is still a mess, pretty much like meatspace bargain bins. It would help if Nashbar added more category check boxes to narrow down selections.
One reason, besides good prices and service, to buy from CRC is that they make it easy to find things. All other stores don't seem to get it... they expect the customer to somehow know where to find things.