Old 10-24-17, 09:46 AM
DamonB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mavic Ksyrium Elite hubs 2015

Originally Posted by Andy Somnifac
I'm looking to overhaul my rear hub. It's developed quite a shriek at higher speeds (typically in the 28+ mph range) and it's awful. This is the 2nd wheel this has happened to, with the first being sent into Mavic and having them redo it for $80. They replaced the bearings and all was good, but if this is doable myself, I'll give it a go.

I've sourced bearings, but having pulled the freehub off to get to the cartridge bearings. What's the most effective way to remove them? Once they are out, I figure I can fashion a reasonable bearing press from a couple appropriately sized washers, a couple nuts and some threaded rod.

Thanks.
Just serviced a set of Mavic Ksyrium Elite 2015 wheels. Trying to find the correct size bearings before stripping out was a bit of a mare to be honest. For info - don’t bother with branded mavic bearings unless unnecessarily fastidious or loaded, instead source from engineering company or bearing seller such as Bearing King etc. You need:

Mavic Ksyrium elite 2015 bearings

Front Wheel - bearing 6001 x 2 dimensions 12,28,8 (inner hole diameter-outer diameter- depth)
Rear Wheel - bearing 6001 x1 + 2 x 9227 dimensions 9,22,7 (inner hole diameter-outer diameter and depth) inc free hub bearing)

Need a 17mm socket and wrench, 2 x adjustable wrenches, hex keys, small bearing puller 10/12mm and slide hammer, bearing press with narrow bar (less than 9mm) and guides, mavic hub spanner and cassette tools.
de-greaser, grease and oil.