Old 10-24-17, 05:42 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Lol, okay, and I've realized there is a point where you HAVE to just stop looking and overthinking it. It will be around $1600 with the upgraded parts. $400 to save around 2 lbs, but I will notice 2 more pounds holding in a grocery line, so it's worth it. Will start out with my brooks seat and my nitto allrounder bars but probably will move to a lighter seat - terry has a 30 day trial so I might do that - my brooks is pretty comfortable now but a saddle with a cutout might be a wee tad bit more comfy. And there's no way I am breaking in a new brooks!
Gonna see if there's a brompton frame handle that will fit around the pakiT - will make it easier and more comfy to carry when I don't have the Travoy. I have a nice yellow camelback cover with elastic that should fit around the chainring, crank, and rear der quickly for when I want it covered (probably getting removable pedals).
Bonus from the 8 speeds is I don't know when Jeff will get around to shipping the Sharerollers, so in the meantime, I'm easily able to ride everywhere =).
Thanks for putting up with my musings and being the voices of reason here. On the bright side, at least I didn't go on and on about color!!!

Last edited by linberl; 10-24-17 at 05:46 PM.