Old 10-30-17, 04:10 PM
SkyDog75

Bikes: Bianchi San Mateo and a few others

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 7up
I own an xr1 and will never buy another carbon fiber anything of bianchi.As far as I am concerned I was robbed period.I flip my bike over so I can take off the wheel set for an upgrade to campagnolo and am met by the sight of a sticker that said "Made in Taiwan"...
Why do you feel robbed? It's not a secret that Bianchi carbon fiber frames are sourced from Taiwan. Frames for most brands, regardless of where they were originally from, are sourced from Asian contract manufacturers. The name on the downtube might say Bianchi, Trek, Specialized, Wilier, Orbea, Cervelo, Cannondale, or whatever, but chances are the frame was made by another company like Giant, Merida, Kinesis, AIT, Axman, Ten Tech, etc.

It's not something particular to bikes, either. When it comes to manufacturing, it's truly a global economy nowadays. My household has two "American" cars in the driveway: a Ford and a Chevy. One was designed in Germany and assembled in Mexico. The other was assembled in the USA, but designed in South Korea by an Australian citizen born in Czechoslovakia.

Originally Posted by 7up
.If you want carbon fiber buy from Taiwan direct.
So buy a Giant, perhaps? They build all of their own frames in their own Taiwanese and Chinese factories.

Or if the sentiment is simply to buy a bike that was actually made by the company whose name is on the downtube in the country that name has historically been associated with, there are still a few options out there. Many of them are boutique producers (who charge boutique prices).