Old 11-24-17, 11:45 AM
DrIsotope
Non omnino gravis

Bikes: Nekobasu, Pandicorn, Lakitu

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4905 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 958 Posts
So "my" E-Bike guy is apparently doing it deliberately-- less than 24 hours after I had flagged his KOM-stealing E-Bike ride, he came back and E-Biked that segment alone-- literally just that 3.5 mile segment. The lightest amount of sleuthing shows that he got the E-Bike on November 11 (as that's when his average ride speed jumped 6mph) so I just went and flagged every ride he's done since the 11th.

Having heard tell of others encountering E-Bikers going out after KOMs, I thought that it was just internet speculation or suspicion. But I can tell you for sure, these people exist. He had gotten into the top 10 on the climbing segments of the Redlands Bicycle Classic TT course, just a week after averaging 13-14mph on flat road.

I imagine there are some out there who are less flagrant about getting themselves onto the leaderboards electrically, and I doubt Strava cares about them either. After all, the leaderboards are a slight step above meaningless. Doesn't mean it doesn't get me senselessly riled up.