View Single Post
Old 12-06-17, 11:59 AM
Bonzo Banana

Bikes: Muddyfox Evolve 200, Bicycles4u Paris Explorer, Raleigh Twenty Stowaway, Bickerton California, Saracen Xile, Kona Hoss Deluxe, Vertigo Carnaby, Exodus Havoc, Kona Lanai, Revolution Cuillin Sport, Dawes Kingpin, Bickerton, NSU & Elswick Cosmopolitan

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by AndyV
Thanks for the replies & advice. I am resident in France so no Halfords . Decathlon are the only ones who have serious folding bikes. There is no chance of testing one without buying.
No options on Amazon or ebay in France? The bike actually looks quite nice a big step up from their very entry level models but the basic Shimano derailleur and freewheel are a weak point for long term reliability and all weather riding. It looks like a bike designed for fairly light use. Definitely worth checking out before purchase even if you can't test ride it.

The information on frame weight limits is in the manual here.

http://www.btwin.com/notices/wp-cont...5V_EN_PE12.pdf

If you are capable of adjusting and maintaining a bike yourself it may be worth consider getting from a high value box shifter who pretty much operates on a slim margin but can do little more than post the bike to you. You will need to do careful final assembly and all the safety checks.

Good value model below which I believe is available across Europe as someone bought one from Germany and was very pleased with it. Also listed on ebay and amazon. Instead of the low end components of the btwin you get some decent wheels, claris derailleur, casette rather than freewheel and a pretty premium spec for a folding bike. I don't know its weight limits on the frame but will certainly be better than the btwin.

ALLOY FOLDING BIKE - Greenwaycycles