Old 12-11-17, 09:44 AM
jefnvk

Bikes: 2016 Novara Mazama

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3640 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 51 Posts
FWIW, this morning a bus made three stops on a busy two lane pass-thru road, all less than 200 yards from one another, and from the last one sat and blocked the drive lane until the left turn lane for the corner they were practically at cleared enough for them to pull into it. I didn't see them bother to take the time to let anyone around them. I can easily argue that school buses cause far more congestion and frustration in how they operate than cyclists.

Originally Posted by FBinNY
In 50+ years I've never run into that situation. Maybe because just about all my riding has been north of the Mason-Dixon line.
I haven't been riding 50+ years, haven't lived south of the Mason-Dixon line, and I have encountered it numerous times. When those stuck 15 cars back in line finally get around to passing you after being held up by said hesitant driver, it is not the driver they are yelling at. Even if you eventually get over to let said person go, there is a good chance someone in line is going to be PO'd enough to yell at you.