View Single Post
Old 12-27-17, 12:33 PM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
Yeah, this time of year I'm not surprised about the shipping time. I'm more interested in how quickly they put my $ back in Paypal once they get the return. I'm under no delusion that Congress has my interest in mind, not the demographic they cater to!
For $1.99, it isn't the time of year slowing it down...it is the nature of the El Cheapo service. Normally a USA consumer would probably pay $30USD in return shipping for a jersey to send it to the EU no matter what level of service they picked.

Do you know if Chain Reaction got an ePacket shipping label? Not that it matters, I'm just curious....CR being international, maybe they can get ePacket return labels originating in the USA.

You order anything off AliExpress or from China generally and it comes ePacket...which costs $1.99...and takes 3 weeks, with basically no tracking no matter what time of year. I've done some El Cheapo Faukleys, also some race-fit cycling jerseys, and a CF handlebar that way. Always takes 3 weeks.

Sidenote...ePacket shipping causing international->USA shipping prices to plummet overnight, and thanks to Congress starting that program, it basically destroyed the small business Mom&Pop eBay storefront overnight....they can make and ship things to the USA from China for less than the cost of domestic intra-US USPS shipping.