View Single Post
Old 01-03-18, 06:52 PM
350htrr

Bikes: 27 speed ORYX with over 39,000Kms on it and another 14,000KMs with a BionX E-Assist on it

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by TiHabanero
I am the OP and must let you all know that I am going down the same road as my father and grandfather. Congestive heart failure sucks and it strongly affects my ability to go fast. Hence the electric assist. My dad started around age 60 with it, and by age 64 he was forced to retire. My grandpa the same. So there I go as well. Hopefully I can work past age 64 and ride at 17mph without struggle, but if not, an ebike may be perfect. Of course I could only ride my motorcycle, but I need some kind of exercise, so why not an ebike and go faster at the same time? Makes sense to me! Accept and embrace change that one has no control over is a sign of grace.

Oh, about the truck. Don't really need one except a few times each year and I just borrow my brother in laws truck, but I figured I that I drive less than 1000 miles per year and can get along with 20mph for a while so why not? I like trucks. What can I say?
and... There, is the reason why E-Bikes were/are allowed to be ridden as regular bicycles... To get more people to ride bicycles, that can/and do, border on being mopeds... But, one needs/should still need pedal... IMO Go for it. Do not stop riding...

Unfortunately, Here in N America things have gotten twisted around as to what should still be "considered" a "bicycle", why.? I suspect because it's a niche where people can make money. $$$, so, make sure you get an E-Assist, not an E-Bike, why.? because you still seem to want to ride a bicycle... JMO

Last edited by 350htrr; 01-03-18 at 08:53 PM.