View Single Post
Old 01-04-18, 09:24 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 17 Breezer Radar Pro; 15 Surly Pugsley; 13 Felt Z85; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipjacks View Post
The weather here today is the apocalypse. That's the best way to describe it. It hasn't been above 20 degrees in a week. Today there are 50 mph winds and snow blowing sideways creating random white out conditions. Walking the 100 feet from my car to my office door felt like a trip up Mt Everest.

So a guy in my office who's a comfortable 5'6" 275 pops his head in my office this morning and says "Oh no bike today? Thought you were dedicated." All in the most sarcastic judgmental voice imaginable.

Like, really? The last bike this guy got on probably collapsed. He's personally raising the health insurance rates in the office for everyone else. And he's giving me grief about not riding in this slop?

Anyone else work with morons who feel the need to give you comentary?
Yeppers!

I live in Minnesota, so the conditions here for winter bike-commuting are much colder/harsher; but we have the gear to deal with it. So, I'm not trying to brag about cold riding...

A few years ago we had air temps around -20F with 20+ mph winds (-45F windchills); I opted to drive that day. A biking buddy texts me to ask if I biked to work, I responded "Nope, I'm just a fair weather biker". Feel free to use that line if any other morons make comments.