Old 01-04-18, 03:03 PM
Skipjacks

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Crosstrail / 2013 Trek Crossrip Elite

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 830 Post(s)
Liked 62 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by snow_echo_NY View Post
i tend to agree with @wphamilton and @canuckjgc - it may have sounded "jackass" to you, but it probably was just more elbowing more than anything. i usually remark in similar fashion back and we have a good laugh. i like to be hardcore about biking but i know it tends to be a little "out there" for everyone else who doesn't know that biking is the best thing ever. just try to take it in stride and make a smartass comment back. no harm, just friendly jousting/flexing/heckling.

i also think this is more "men culture" and prevalent in sports when i speak to men. i almost never hear this from fellow women.
Were you there?

Do you know this person in my story?

Since the answer to both questions is 'no' why would you presume to know his intent?

I'm the only person in this thread who know the person I'm talking about. Therefor I'm the best authority in the thread on what his intent was. I've known the dude for 8 years. He's always being an obnoxious prick.

If it was friendly ribbing (It's ribbing, not elbowing) by the 50 some odd other people in my office who aren't 24/7 jerks I wouldn't have cared enough to mention it here.