RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

Bikes: Surly CrossCheck, Krampus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 3,433 Times in 2,540 Posts
Originally Posted by acidfast7
Honestly? I can't imagine asking anyone to cut an apple anywhere on the planet is an issue. Even in the US, they would look at you funny and do it.
Only if they have a knife. Most grocery store workers carry box cutters as a job requirement, but a pocket knife would be a matter of personal choice.

It is a ****ty reason for bringing a Swiss Army Knife into a UK courthouse, which is what we are really discussing.
Let's agree to agree here; there is no reason to bring a pocketknife into any courtroom that has decided to prohibit them.

I think the point is just that it's useful to carry a pocketknife generally, in life, and easy to forget you have it on you. At the moment mine is not on me, but I know that it's on the kitchen table at home, where I last saw it, and didn't bother to put it in my pocket. But usually it's on me. If I ever forget and take it to the airport, I would have to forfeit it, or put it in a checked bag. Flying on my own dime, I'm not gonna pay $50 to avoid losing a $20 knife. But when somebody else is paying the airfare, I've been known to check a carryon-size bag so I could keep items that are dangerous to national security (jars of Thermo Nuclear Wing sauce from Cluck U Chicken)