Old 03-02-18, 06:38 PM
gurk700

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by rubiksoval
I gotcha. You're excited about the progress you've made. Different people progress differently. The gains you're seeing are not gains that I would make because I'm at a different place in my cycling career, which is the same for most everyone. Whether or not a trainer works for someone doesn't really matter. If it does, great. If it doesn't, great, too.

What's efficient for you may not be effective for someone else. At the end of the day, effectiveness is what matters to me, not efficiency. If spending 15 extra minutes riding outside helps me finish a workout that I wouldn't finish indoors, then the indoors wasn't as effective. That's the case for me.

I doubt my idea of an effective sprint workout is the same as yours, and it doesn't need to be because my workout demands are vastly different than yours.

At the end of the day, it is what it is. If the trainer helps you accomplish workouts, awesome. I'll hop off the trainer after a 20 minute warmup to go do hill repeats in the rain if that's what necessary to get my workout in, because that's what works for me and always has.
Cool. But there are world pros who train on trainers and get good results. So level or place in cycling career has nothing to do with it Otherwise you're saying pretty much same things I've been saying in terms of preference. Whatever works is right.