View Single Post
Old 04-19-18, 08:30 PM
DaveQ24 

Bikes: Enough plus 1

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Brain injuries are complex. When I took my spill last summer, I had a mild concussion to go with the assorted orthopedic injuries. I didn’t even land on my head per se, from what I can piece together and what logic tells me — road rash on the side of my face to my ear, and a little scuff on the trim and strap assembly of the helmet around the ear. I think I was knocked out for maybe seconds or a minute. I just can’t remember the last 2 miles, about 8 minutes, of that ride. And I had some pretty disjointed thoughts for about 2 or 3 weeks, in random bits here and there. Mainly in finding the right word ... I would say or write something like “today is Seven, August 24th”’instead of Thursday, August 24th. It was pretty comical albeit trivial. It all went away in about 3-4 weeks. My entire situation was minor compared to what Rowan is going through.

Really, I’m so sorry you both are going through this. Having been the primary caregiver for my mom at the end of her life a few years back, I understand how hard this is, physically and mentally. Please know you have my sympathy, and remember to get support, rest, and take care of yourself. You won’t be any good to him or yourself if you wear yourself out to the point of collapse. God bless, my prayers for a full recovery.