View Single Post
Old 05-06-18, 11:19 AM
Jakedatc

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Thurs: Rode CX bike down to the local dirt road. went across one puddle in a spot that gets flooded. Was easy to get through so I thought I was good.. I was not. Got to near the end of the normal way out and was stopped by hub deep water that went further than I could see. Turned around and went the alternate way out, again hub deep water but at least i could see the end. As I was hub deep 3 large carp swam past and around me. Was pretty nuts riding with fish. got home and had to empty my rims and bottom bracket of the water that i collected. not a ton but definitely not good to leave in there.

Sat: Group ride at one of the local shops. Advertised as mixed terrain. I asked the guy leading and he recommended file treads on the CX bike. Good choice.. about 15 of the 33mi was dirt/gravel with a few short trails. Good fun roads.. lots of hills. some of the downhills had some rough braking bumps that were tough on the hands. ride leader ended up with 2 pinch flats. It was rough but I was flat free at 40psi

Sun: mtn bike ride with a friend. threat of rain that finally caught up to us about halfway through. Wasn't too cold but made things slippery. Got home and took the GF out for crepes for breakfast.