Old 06-12-18, 09:03 PM
destro713

Bikes: Frankenstein 1980 (?) Takara 1x7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help me choose a 700x35 tire for bad roads.

I have a new commute with way more road debris than before, and my Paselas aren't going to cut it. (Just got a flat on the rear today.) I'm looking for a new tire that rolls well on good roads (so the Marathon Plus is out), doesn't become useless in the rain (so Gatorskins are out), has good puncture resistance (the T-Serv and PT versions of the Pasela probably aren't enough), and comes in 35mm width, or 32mm at the absolute minimum, since I have to roll over a lot of streetcar tracks.

Models I'm considering:

Vittoria Randonneur Pro (nice balance of attributes, but expensive and seemingly hard to find)
Conti Grand Prix 4 Season (ditto but easier to find, probably my frontrunner at the moment)
Vittoria Revolution Tech (sounds great for bad roads, but insanely heavy and might wear quickly due to the soft compound)
Schwalbe Marathon non-Pro (a classic and not too expensive, but heavy and not the best reputation for comfort?)
Specialized All Condition Armadillo (close to perfect on paper, but only 32mm and reviews are mixed)

Any input or other suggestions?