View Single Post
Old 07-06-18, 01:37 PM
post78

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by base2
Too much pressure on hands/wrists is caused by a bar that's too high or too close. Change your stem to a longer reach & or lower or both.

I'm unfamiliar with what kind of bike you have, but if it's a standard threadless stem, flip it over 180 degrees, or swap some spacers that are under it to now be on top of it. Either or both would get some weight off your hands and cost exactly 0$

Failing that, a co-op probably has boxes of stems for cheap. Or the shop you bought the bike from has a box of take-offs available for a discount rate. Any good shop would swap out/work with you to make sure the bike they sold you fit right.
Thanks for responding! The problem is actually that the handlebars are too low, not too high. I wish to sit a little more upright but I'm having to lean forward too much. With the current handlebar stem I'm able to move the bars farther (or closer), which in turn lowers the bars and is then less comfortable. I currently have them as upright as I can get them but still need another inch or so.

The spacer idea is a good one if the handlepost option doesn't work.

Thanks!