View Single Post
Old 08-14-18, 09:33 AM
cbrstar
BMX Connoisseur

Bikes: 1988 Kuwahara Newport, 1983 Nishiki, 1984 Diamond Back Viper, 1991 Dyno Compe

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh_Champaign
Yup, that's the beast (actually, after my Dad tried it, he dubbed it "Lucifer" LMAO). It took me a few days before I felt competent, it's like learning to ride a bike all over again. You're right, I don't think it'll ever be completely stable, but every little bit will help. It's great exercise and it's a lot more fun than using a rowing machine indoors! My original thought was riding it to work, but I'm not sure it'll ever be a commuter bike for me. You can't take it fast, lest you have to brake, which is basically a suicide mission if you have to brake hard (your forward inertia causes the handlebars to go forward with you, which of course is a recipe for chaos). It's a very fickle creature, but worth it for the niche experience it offers. Glad I picked mine up for only $600 used. The one I bought was a very early model, it's single speed and has mag wheels instead of spokes.
It kinda looks like a death trap to me lol. Personally I think this thing should be a three wheel bike. I would have to use it with training wheels!