Old 09-26-18, 04:10 PM
seamuis
aire díthrub

Bikes: Raleigh Competition, Pashley Roadster Sovereign, Mercian Vincitore Speciale

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by MattTheHat
Your reply is just a bit insulting. I'm guessing this wasn't intentional.

I didn't do any proper diligence? Since when should this be required in order to not get defrauded? I would have assume ddoing business with a legitimate bicycle store should have been enough.

But, I did do research. I knew basically what the wheels *should* have come with, per Roval's website. Since I wasn't immediately planing to go tubeless, and since I don't *need* the other items to run the wheels on this particular bike (through axle, no QR axles needed), it wasn't a big deal. The wheels had a hang tag, so they were obviously on display. I assumed they'd simply lost the original box. A few days later I realized that some day I might well want to run the wheels on another bike. And in the mean time I decided to give tubeless tires a shot.

"You should learn a few lessons from this for the future."

Yes, as I stated in the original post, I've learned not to accept anything that doesn't come in a factory sealed box. I've also learned that some people feel if I got screwed by the local bike store it's my own fault, not the bike shop.

-Matt
I had no intention of being insulting. If you took it that way, that’s your concern. I was simply offering an honest opinion. Your own words give you away mate, as not having done due diligence. Your use of ‘unwittingly’ in your post header for one. For two, you stated and I quote:

“I didn't think much about it at the time, but all they came with was a set of tubeless valve stems (and I had to ask for them)”

had as you done diligence before walking into the shop you would have known what a new set of those Roval wheels should have come with. The fact that you didn’t know until well after you purchased them is proof. Also according to your own words, you were not made aware of the fact that these were take off’s until you returned to the shop. You want to tell me you’re not partially to blame if you were clueless to this until returning to the shop? Yes of course the shop is also just as much to blame for this, I 100% agree. But don’t you think my point is valid that had you done proper research on what you were buying they wouldn’t have gotten away with it in the first place? And again, by your own words you didn’t even check the receipt before you left the store to see what you were charged for.

If you’re not willing to acknowledge your massive errors here, you’ll be destined to repeat them. I’m literally trying to be helpful, with no intention of beating up on you. If the whole point of your post was to get agreement that you did nothing wrong and were looking for sympathy, well I think you’ve gotten enough. You can dislike what I say, or even take issue with the tone you perceive my words to be in, but you do share blame and my only point was to help you see that so you won’t get taken for a ride with your hard earned money in the future. Cheers.