Old 11-21-18, 08:51 AM
Buellster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Blompson
...All I know is this looks to me like one of the prettiest damn bikes I've ever seen, and I assume it's a hell of a ride, and part of me is saying "go for it!" ...I'm not sure if I want to get talked out of it, or into it, or what; but I think I could use some help and insight from the bike elders here. Care to weigh in?

Thanks for putting up with my very inexperienced self.
Fellow portlander here!
That bike is a real beauty! I agree with the above posters that if this what your seeking then go for it.
I would also say though that if your willing to pay $600 you could buy nearly any type of vintage bike you want out here. In part because the market is so flooded, like the guy above said a u08 is priced at 350, (which I can say is not uncommon, and no they dont usually get that. Sometimes they do but not often) the nicer bikes may sit for a while. Every seller wants a huge return and when a top of line bike is buried under 3 pages of low end ones all at 500, it idles. Ive seen everything from px10s and schwinn paramount's some with campy bits for this price point.
If this bike is the one that calls to you by all means go for it, but just know that for that many bills you will have a lot of very nice quality bikes to choose from if you give it some time.