Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4426 Post(s)
Liked 4,537 Times in 3,034 Posts
Originally Posted by Rowan
Hondo, you know how close I came to dying this year in a workplace accident.

Yeah, there were a few things in my life that I didn't care about since my mid to late 30s. But after the incident last March, I care a much more about my health, thinking about the safety level of the things I might be thinking of doing, and above all else, thinking positively about the people who saved my life, and/or expressed their care and attention, and are still active in their efforts..

My wife, Machka, fits most of all in that entirely.

There always will be the selfish, self-centred few who exist and make themselves known to me in a negative way, but they oddly have virtually no influence over what I think about staying alive, or my return to a comparatively normal life.

And take it from me... your and other 50+ forum members' postings in Machka's post on me has (a) generated huge respect for others' expressions about my welfare and health, and (b) been hugely valuable to me in giving me reason for surviving (with cycling as the truly fundamental part of my life after Machka).
In all seriousness when I saw all the people that genuinely cared about you and you’re well being to recovery it gave me a better outlook on humans. And how Machka kept this cycling community informed on the progress and how everyone responded with support and care. It is not quite 2019 yet here in South Texas but down under y’all already in 2019. So, You and Machka have a great 2019 with many more cycling adventures.