Old 01-09-19, 06:28 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Soma Smoothie, Miyata City Liner, Specialized FSR Comp, Fuji Professional

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1058 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by luevelvet View Post
I read that ASE purchased Performance a few years back to keep a retail outlet for all of their Fuji, Breezer etc brands. Admittedly Fuji support is very responsive via email, it's just a shame I can't bring these bike's into a LBS for support any longer. I think I just got "lucky" and bought these bikes just a month or so before the announced their chapter 11 and decided to close all stores in Florida. Hooray! :|

I will still play with the tension a little and see how far it takes me. As it stands it's not unridable but it is a bummer that new bikes need so much TLC at the moment. I get the idea of needing to get a 1000 mile tune up etc, and I would be at the shop today if they honored their support but again, crap luck on that one I guess. It has been fun to research all of this since my ultimate goal was to get into the mechanical side of road bikes but I didn't expect to have to work on these two bikes so soon lol.

Thanks all!
You can ALWAYS take it another LBS for service. Just because you didn't purchase it at a specific shop doesn't mean a shop won't work on it. Sometimes they will say NO, but it's kind of unusual as they are there to make money. Remember that shops go out of business all the time and the work then moves to those that stayed in business. No difference with Performance. I'm certain there are brick and mortar old time shops around that will be picking up business from a defunct Performance, no reason you are not one of them.