Old 01-09-19, 07:00 PM
luevelvet

Bikes: 2018 Fuji Jari 1.5, 2019 Trek Domane SL5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve B.
You can ALWAYS take it another LBS for service. Just because you didn't purchase it at a specific shop doesn't mean a shop won't work on it. Sometimes they will say NO, but it's kind of unusual as they are there to make money. Remember that shops go out of business all the time and the work then moves to those that stayed in business. No difference with Performance. I'm certain there are brick and mortar old time shops around that will be picking up business from a defunct Performance, no reason you are not one of them.
There are a few other shops around so you’re right, I can just take it in and pay them to iron it out. I did want to use this as an opportunity to learn more this stuff myself. I’m a hands on kind of fella and like to be able to do general maintenance stuff on my own. Of course if I can’t figure it out no matter what we’ll have to take her in and have a professional assess the situation. I’m sure they’ve been seeing a good number of Fuji bikes since Performance has stopped servicing their former customers lol